Reach nearly 16,000 Bennington residents along with thousands of tourists who visit our New England town each and every year. The town of Bennington generated $43 million in dining, alcohol and lodging revenue in 2018. Our cash registers rung up an additional $148 million in retail merchandise and taxable services. And remember, most clothing and non-junk food is not even taxable. That’s a lot of commerce.
VermontBeginsHere.com was designed to be the go-to directory site for tourism related Bennington information. Our modest fees buy your business twelve months of exposure on Bennington’s most comprehensive tourism site.
Advertising & Listing Rate
|Category||Basic Listing||Featured Listing Ad||Pages where your featured Listing appears|
|Hotels||$99 per year||$149 per year||Hotels, Campgrounds|
|Restaurants||Free until 2021||$199 per year||Diners-Cafes-Delis, Micro Brew Pubs, Full Service, Fast Food, Pizza Houses|
|Shopping||Free until 2021||$149 per year|
small independent shop
$399 per year
large multi-location retailer
|Arts & Antiques, Clothing, Gifts and Vermont Wares|
|Weddings||Free until 2021||$199 per year||Venues, Caterers, Photographers, Flowers and Cake, Ceremony, Meeting Space, Salons|
|Necessities||No Charge||$199 per year||Medical, auto, transportation, provisions, personal care, government, worship, miscellaneous|
|Cultural Attractions||No Charge||n/a||n/a|
- Sign up between now and 9/30/19 and the remainder of 2019 is free of charge for accounts in good standing. • Annual payments are payable in full by credit card at the time of signup.
- Feature Listing Ads are limited to six (6) per category and will be sold on a first come first served basis.
- Featured Listing Ads will run for one calendar year from January 1 – December 31.
Note: In 2020 Mid year sign ups will be prorated as follows: For sign ups prior to July 1, payment will be prorated for the remainder of the year. For sign ups after July 1, payment will be taken for the remainder of the current year plus the following year.
- Hold your spot! — Featured Listing Ads will renew year-upon-year as long as account payment is in good standing.
Other Considerations and Requirements
- Feature Listing Ads space is limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis.
- For all categories except necessities, the Featured Listing advertiser must qualify for and have a Basic Listing in the same category. (i.e. to advertising in Weddings, you must already have a Basic Listing in the venue section or cake section etc..) This is to ensure the best user navigational experience.
- Businesses may not have a Basic Listing in multiple categories except at the sole discretion of the webmaster based on editorial relevancy.
- Basic Listings are available to tourism related businesses with a retail presence in Bennington or North Bennington only. For Cultural Attractions, Farms or Recreation pages, organizations within a 45-minute drive from Bennington will be considered. All decisions are at the sole discretion of the webmaster.
All photography will be taken by a town designated photographer unless otherwise arranged. Any photography that is submitted must meet technical and artistic requirements of webmaster. Thumbnail and featured listing photos will be cropped to 756×524 pixels at 72 DPI. Submitting a photo conveys permission to use the photo on the VBH site and for other purposes of promoting the town of Bennington in a positive light.
Download a PDF Version of this page and form
Advertiser 2019/2020 Sign Up Form
Checks should be made payable to: Town of Bennington.
Town of Bennington – VBH Marketing
205 South Street
Bennington, Vermont 05201